One Stop Mission
The mission of One Stop Northern Kentucky is to provide quality user-friendly access to integrated employment, training and support services that assist individuals and employers in making informed successful choices, enhancing both individual independence and the economy of Northern Kentucky’s eight counties of Boone, Campbell, Carroll, Gallatin, Grant, Kenton, Owen and Pendleton.
One Stop strengthens the Northern Kentucky economy by providing easy access to the most comprehensive workforce readiness and development resources in the eight-county region. Beyond job matched placements, One Stop specializes in pre-hire and post-employment assessments, skills development and support services for companies and their employees.
One Stop is overseen by the Northern Kentucky Workforce Investment Board (NKWIB), a body of volunteers predominately made up of business people. With a focus on economic development the NKWIB determines what needs to be done to improve the employability of the northern Kentucky workforce to meet the needs of local employers. To accomplish this, the NKWIB sets policy for the operations of One Stop Northern Kentucky.
One Stop Partnerships
One Stop Northern Kentucky is a partnership of employment and training agencies working together under one roof to better serve businesses and job seekers. They are:
- Office of Employment and Training
- Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Office of the Blind
- Gateway Community and Technical College
- Brighton Center, Inc.
- Kentucky Adult Education
- Northern Kentucky Community Action Commission
- Department for Community Based Services
- Northern Kentucky Area Development District
One Stop Core Values
One Stop’s core values are:
- Affordable Services
- Diverse Services
- Knowledgeable Personnel
- Customer Focused
- Community Focused
- One Stop services are community-based, accessible, appreciative of differences and aim to have a positive impact on the customer.
- One Stop partners are accountable to the community, their funders and the NKWIB for the effectiveness of services provided.
- One Stop partners recognize that job seekers and employers know their needs better than anyone and can assess service offering and make informed decisions that will impact the local economy.
- One Stop partners collaborate on service delivery to enhance the outcomes for job seekers and employers.